Thursday, February 25, 2010

OK, so this running thing is hard.


And on top of it, apparently I need new shoes.

I thought running was the only free sport. But I digress.

2.4 miles today and they were slogged out, grumpily, in and around my training time. Painful 1 mile to start. Then running bits crammed around reps of side plank, lifts and pendulum lunges, which, by the way, suck. Suck, suck, suck. I truly hate the pendulum lunge and I don't even feel bad telling you about it. Take that pendulum lunge.

Anyway, needed 1.4 miles still at the end of it all and I just didn't have it. My one banana was long since burned and I still just can't bring myself to eat more than that at five in the morning.

Plus, what if the kids wake up while I'm cooking up a couple of pre-dawn eggs and toast? Not good, not good at all.

So, worse than the fact I need new running shoes, is that I HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE GYM TOMORROW and RUN ONE MORE MILE. Then this weekend, the big 4.5 long run looms ahead of me like a dentist appointment.

Oy. I'm not sure about this.

Did I mention I have not lost any real weight?

I am thinking perseverance may be overrated. But in the interest of the 240, I am going to abandon all thinking now and just run.

1 comment:

  1. One. You can do this.
    Two. Finn looks like a mixmaster dj in the photo, like he's contemplating the next record he's gonna spin.
    Three. What gym do you go to?

    ReplyDelete